The Commission on Aging is supported by your millage dollars, donations, and funding through the Older American Act.
It is the mission of the Missaukee County Commission on Aging to keep the seniors of our county safe and independent in their homes through education, advocacy, and services.
In Home Services
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Home Chore
- Foot Care
- Medication Set-up
- Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program
- Information and Assistance
- Senior Sidekick
- Snow Removal Program
- Green Address Signs
The COA provides services to Missaukee County residents who are at least 60 years of age. Here is how to get started:
- Call Us: Our office staff can get you started and will refer you to our Director of Client Services, Corinne Pree, RN.
- In-Home Visit: Corinne, or our Staff Nurse, Teri Dick, will come to your house to assess your needs and establish a plan of care.
- Client Services Provider: You will be matched with a trained provider who will work directly with you to schedule and provide your services.
- On-going Care: Periodically, our nurse or staff will call or visit to assure you are satisfactorily receiving your care according to plan.
Many of our In Home Services are low or no fee, depending on elgibility determined during your new client assessment.
Private duty services are also available. Call for more details.
Our volunteer drivers cover about 35,000 miles transporting clients to medical appointments.
CHECK US OUT ON FACEBOOK