The Commission on Aging is supported by your millage dollars, donations, and funding through the Older American Act.
It is the mission of the Missaukee County Commission on Aging to keep the seniors of our county safe and independent in their homes through education, advocacy, and services.
In Home Care Services
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Home Chore
- Foot Care
- Medication Set-up
- Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program
- Information and Assistance
- Senior Sidekick
- Snow Removal Program
- Green Address Signs
The COA provides home health care services to Missaukee County residents who are at least 60 years of age. Here is how to get started:
- Call Us: Our office staff can get you started and will refer you to our Director of Client Services, Corinne Pree, R.N., for in-home services.
- In-Home Visit: Corinne Pree, R.N., or our Staff Nurse, Teri Dick, L.P.N., will come to your home to assess your needs and establish a plan of care.
- Client Services Provider: You will be matched with a trained provider who will work directly with you to schedule and provide your home care services.
- On-going Care: Periodically, our nurse or staff will call or visit to assure you are satisfactorily receiving your care according to your home health care plan.
Many of our In Home Health Care Services are low or no fee, depending on eligibility determined during your new client assessment.
Private duty Senior Care is also available. Call for more details.